New Delhi.Kane Williamson has scored a double century against Sri Lanka in Wellington. He played an innings of 215 runs. This is the sixth double century of his Test career. This century of Williamson is very special compared to his last 5 centuries. This time he did that in his double century, for which he was yearning for the last 8 years. Williamson, who made his Test debut in 2010, scored the first double century of his Test career in 2015 on the same ground but against the same team. After this, Williamson scored a double century in Hamilton in 2019 and 2020, in Christchurch in 2021 and in Karachi in 2022 and now in Wellington in 2023. He hit 215 off 296 balls in Wellington on Saturday against Sri Lanka. During this he hit 2 sixes. These 2 sixes only made his double century the most special. read this also- 17 innings, drought ended after 13 months, Henry Nicholls got lifeline from double century
hit the hook, hit the six
Williamson had scored 59 runs by the 63rd over. After this, on the first ball of the next over, he hit a six with a hook. He hit another six by hooking the next ball in a row. Both these sixes were hit before crossing his 200 runs and he had longed for these sixes in his double century for the last 8 years.
- In 2015, he scored the first double century. He played an innings of 242 runs, in which he hit 18 fours, but could not hit a single six. He tried a lot, but failed.
- In 2019, he hit an unbeaten 200 against Bangladesh, hitting 19 fours and once again he could not hit a six in his double century innings.
- Williamson scored his third double century against the West Indies in 2020. He hit 34 fours and 2 sixes in his innings of 251 runs. Williamson hit these 2 sixes after completing his double century in 369 balls. He could not hit a single six before reaching 200 runs.
- In January 2021, Williamson scored 238 for 364 against Pakistan. During this, he hit 28 fours, but could not hit a single six.
read this also- Fake account created in the name of Harbhajan Singh, cheating people, veteran took this step
- Williamson scored the 5th double century of his career against Pakistan in Karachi in December last year. He scored 200 runs in 395 balls. During this, he hit 21 fours and a six and this was the first time when he hit a six before reaching 200 runs, but now this is the first time in his journey from his first double century to his sixth double century, when he reached 200 runs. Hit two consecutive sixes to reach.
- Kane Williamson had hit 19 sixes in 15616 balls before the Wellington Test. That is, he had hit a six in every 822 balls, but on Saturday he hit two consecutive sixes.
Get the latest sports news updates