The problem of toothache becomes unbearable at times. At the same time, if someone starts having pain in the tooth while sleeping at night, then he does not understand what to do. This pain is so severe that the person cannot sleep the whole night. Sometimes, due to the pain in the tooth, there is swelling on the mouth and sometimes the pain reaches to the head as well. There can be many reasons for toothache such as – lack of cleaning of teeth, lack of calcium, too hot or too cold food, bacterial infection etc. If someone in your house also has a problem of toothache and suddenly this pain starts happening in the night, then you can give relief by trying some home remedies. Know those home remedies here.
- Clove is considered very effective in toothache. Cloves contain eugenol which is believed to be helpful in reducing inflammation. It also has antimicrobial properties that help prevent the growth of bacteria. At the time of toothache, you can grind cloves and apply it on the painful area, or you can give it to suck cloves. Heat the water by adding cloves and when it remains lukewarm, rinse with this water. This will also benefit a lot.
- Garlic is also considered very helpful in toothache. Garlic contains allicin compound which is rich in antibacterial properties. In such a situation, you can press a bud of garlic in the tooth when there is pain. This will benefit a lot.
- Irrigate by placing ice cubes in a thick towel. This is called cold compress. This compresses the blood vessels, which reduces swelling and provides relief in toothache.
- Turmeric is also considered an antibiotic. Mix some turmeric, rock salt and mustard oil in a vessel and apply it on the painful area. There will be relief. If possible, make it a habit to apply it regularly before going to bed. Due to this, bacteria will not grow in your teeth quickly and the problem of pain will not happen soon.
- Some people also consider asafetida to be very effective in toothache. It is said that mix a little asafetida in lemon juice and apply it on the teeth with the help of cotton. You can get a lot of relief in toothache. Apart from this, if you have peppermint, then it can also give a lot of relief. Peppermint is rich in antibacterial and antioxidant properties, it numbs the painful area.
(The information given in this article is based on general assumptions. TV9 Hindi does not confirm these. Follow this only after consulting an expert.)
Read more health related news here…
Get more health related articles click here