Komaram Bheem of Telangana on Monday Asifabad District A shocking news came from K Kagaznagar Minority Residential School, where around 31 students have fallen ill in a suspected case of food poisoning. It is being told that these students fell ill after having dinner. On information from the school management, the police reached there and admitted the students to Kagaznagar Hospital for treatment. After the incident, the students of the government school accused him of being served substandard food for the last three days.
While complaining about the food, a student said that small insects were seen in the rice that was being served for the last three days. We were complaining to the management about this but we were not heard and as a result our friends are admitted in the hospital.
It is worth noting that this year, the cases of food poisoning in government schools are continuously increasing, in which many students have been admitted to the hospital. In July this year, around 100 students of IIIT-Basara Engineering College succumbed to food poisoning, while a student of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya in Kagaznagar died after consuming contaminated food.
Kovid virus can also increase the risk
Dr Suranjit Chatterjee, a senior consultant at Apollo Hospitals told TV9 that eating contaminated food and not drinking clean water can lead to serious health problems. He told – Gastroenteric problem is common in this season. By drinking dirty water, the cases of jaundice, vomiting and diarrhea increase manifold. Apart from this, viruses like Kovid 19 also increase the crisis.
Dr. Sumit Agarwal, Senior Consultant, Internal Medicine Specialist, General Physician at Sarvodaya Hospital and Research Center also agrees. He says – If a person has a lot of vomiting or diarrhea, then gastroenteritis can become a serious condition. Actually it can lead to dehydration and if not treated on time, it can be fatal. At the same time, if the infection spreads more, it can also affect the kidneys.
Food poisoning cases increase in this season
Experts believe that the cases of food poisoning increase in India even during the monsoon season. India Meteorological Department (IMD) has recently issued rain alerts in many states. IMD has warned that there may be rain in many areas of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Maharashtra.
Dr Chatterjee says that apart from providing relief from the heat, rain also brings with it many health-related problems. They say that water logging is a serious problem of rains, due to which many health problems arise.
Dr Chatterjee told that the humidity is very high in these months, so most of the food starts spoiling quickly. Bacteria, viruses and fungi spread rapidly during this season, due to which food poisoning occurs. Its symptoms are diarrhoea, vomiting, chills and cramps, nausea, fever and severe abdominal pain. Food poisoning immediately worsens the condition, which causes a lot of trouble. In such a situation, some easy home remedies can be tried to get relief.
Click here to read this news in English
Read latest health news here
Get more health related articles click here