Film actress Jacqueline Fernandez got bail today in the money laundering case related to the fraud of Rs 200 crore by Mahathug Sukesh Chandrasekhar. Earlier, Delhi’s Patiala House Court had reserved the decision after completion of the bail hearing. Today Jacqueline herself was present in the court during the decision on the bail plea.
Bail on a personal bond of two lakhs
Additional Sessions Judge Shailendra Malik of Patiala House Court gave the verdict on Jacqueline’s petition. The court granted bail to Jacqueline on the condition of furnishing a personal bond of Rs 2 lakh and a surety of the same amount. ED has also made Jacqueline an accused in the cheating case involving Sukesh. In the charge sheet filed in this case, Jacqueline has been named as an accused. The ED claims that despite knowing everything about Sukesh, Jacqueline took expensive gifts from him.
On what grounds and conditions did Jacqueline get bail?
- There is no danger of Jacqueline Fernandes leaving the country as her passport is confiscated with the agency.
- Look out circular (LOC) is already open against Jacqueline.
- The agency filed a supplementary charge sheet against Jacqueline without arresting her.
- Jacqueline was present whenever the agency called for questioning.
- The motive behind taking gifts worth crores of rupees from Sukesh, the connection is not clear yet. His investigation is going on.
On November 10, there was a vigorous debate in the Delhi court on Jacqueline’s bail plea. During the argument, Jacqueline’s lawyer had said that the ED is harassing Jacqueline. Keeping his side, he said that Jacqueline’s statement has been recorded five times and she is cooperating in the investigation. However, the ED had claimed that Jacqueline had adopted all tactics to flee the country as she had no shortage of money.
Court had reprimanded ED
During the hearing on the regular bail, the court had strongly reprimanded the ED. The court had questioned the ED that if a lookout circular was issued against Jacqueline Fernandez, why did not arrest her? During this, the court also questioned the agency about taking action against selected people.
Checkout more latest entertainment news updates click here